COVID-19 (Corona Virus) Update
Buckeye Junior Golf Tour is keeping track of all available information related to the continued spread of the coronavirus (COVID-19) from the Centers of Disease Control (CDC) and the World Health Organization (WHO) and utilizing expertise from strategic partners in golf to determine operations in 2020.
As of 5/18, the Tournament Schedule on BlueGolf is up to date and registration is now open for ALL events listed on the 2020 schedule. Each Tournament Information Page includes guidelines and precautions to take when attending a BJGT Tournament. If a tournament has been cancelled, we are doing our best to reschedule it later in the season, all updates will be posted as they become available.
The health and safety of everyone involved in our tournaments from the players, the staff, the host course staff, our sponsors, and spectators is our first priority.
Some helpful tips from the Red Cross:
• Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
• Stay home when you are sick.
• Avoid touching your eyes, nose or mouth.
• Cover your nose and mouth with a tissue when coughing or sneezing, and throw the tissue away after use. If a tissue isn’t available, cough or sneeze into your elbow or sleeve, not your hands.
• Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after going to the bathroom; before eating; and after blowing your nose, coughing or sneezing. If soap and water are not readily available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol. Always wash hands with soap and water if hands are visibly dirty.
• Practice other good health habits. Get plenty of sleep, be physically active, manage your stress, drink plenty of fluids and eat nutritious food.
We will continue to review our schedule and operations based on CDC and WHO recommendations, and make or communicate timely updates as necessary.
Some Precautions ALL participants and spectators should take:
• avoid handshaking, contact, and keep a distance from others when possible
• washing hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds frequently
• Families are encouraged to limit spectators, especially the elderly
• Bring hand-sanitizer as an extra precaution
• Limit spectators to 1 or 2 people
• For those over the age of 60, please take extra precautions and consider not spectating at the event until safe to do so
Our staff will be taking precautions to limit contact with others as well, and use outdoor setups for registration and scoring when weather permits.
Please email us at email@example.com if you have any questions or concerns.